Check the DTW blog for more information.
Discover the World have teamed up with the WorldWise strand of the Geographical Association to offer your students an outstanding opportunity. In September 2012 we will be announcing details of an exciting new annual award; aimed at Y9/10/11 students. Enter your students’ essays, relevant to their studies, into this national competition, and be in with the chance of winning five places on an incredible Norway study trip for your school. The winning school and student will also receive a GA certificate to be announced at the GA annual conference in April 2013.
To enter students can submit an essay answering one of the questions provided. Essay questions will be relevant to DTW study aids and the various syllabuses helping to facilitate student learning. At the time of the launch there will be three Discover the World study aids:
3. Tourism in Norway.
In addition, in no more than 200 words, students are to explain why they should win the award, how they will benefit from the experience and how they will use geography in their later life.
The competition is designed to:
- help promote geography as an exciting subject.
- incentivise students to write an essay, relevant to their studies, whilst facilitating their learning.
- encourage students to study geography post GCSE.
- help aid teachers when promoting their subject at options.
- recognise outstanding geography students.